Skip navigation
airplus_peter
Currently Being Moderated

Color finesse crashes AE6

Jan 23, 2013 7:52 AM

Hi Community, i use ProdStudio CS6 with the Color Finesse 3LE Plugn. If i want to use it, it asks for Company Name and Name. If i click ok AE6 crashes .

All Updates installed, uninstall, re-install..... nothing helps and i have the pink lines in my Project. Please help!!! Thank you, Peter

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 4:51 AM   in reply to airplus_peter

What system? If this is windows, you may have a permissions problem with your Registry. Try to run as admin.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 5:20 AM   in reply to airplus_peter

Check your security stuff. Something is definitely blocking your registry access and possibly invocation of the custom external plug-in stuff. Providing the full error messages might offer some clue to the exact cause (if there is more info).

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to airplus_peter

I concur with Mylenium: it's most likely a Registry protection issue.

One thing to test is invoking the Color Finesse plug-in, then when it asks for user name/org, click Cancel. This will put it into trial mode so you'll get pink lines over your image, but it won't be attempting to write the name/org info to the Registry.

If it works in trial mode, then that again points the finger at the Registry being locked/protected by your security software.

Bob Currier

Synthetic Aperture

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to airplus_peter

Glad to hear things are working for you now.

We'll investigate why a failure to write to the Registry causes a crash. Worst case should be that CF stays in trial mode.

Thanks for reporting back.

Bob Currier

Synthetic Aperture

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points