Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

OpenGL 2.0 and Shader Model 3.0

Jan 23, 2013 2:47 AM

After buying Photoshop CS6 Extended due to it's amazing 3D options I realized my videocard sucked because it is a CSU and not a GPU as required.

So I looked up what the requirements are to enable the GPU options and it stated that it requires a OpenGL 2.0 and Shader Model 3.0.

I have been searching for a videocard that matches exactly that without any result (I live in a country the size of a peanut that doesn't sell a 2.0 and a 3.0).

But I did find shader models of 5.0 and OpenGL 4.1 and I wanted to know if that is acceptable too.

Are the OpenGL 2.0 and Shader Model 3.0 the minimum requirements and can I go higher?

Or will Photoshop Extended not enable that GPU option if I do go above the requested OpenGL 2.0 and Shader Model 3.0???

[Removed personal information]

Thanks a lot !!!

Message was edited by: sinious

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 7:53 AM   in reply to milamad

Those are minimium requirements.  Also recommend a min. of 1 gig of VRAM if going 3D.

Here is a website that ranks video cards.  A rank of 1000 is excellent, and about all that is needed.  http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 9:31 AM   in reply to milamad

Whenever a requirement says something like OpenGL 2.0, the implied statement is "and later". So, yes, if the card has reported OpenGL 4.1, then this meets the requirments.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points