Skip navigation
Brahamus55
Currently Being Moderated

FPS Low All Play-back In Slow Motion

Jan 23, 2013 7:10 AM

I have a gopro hero 3 and im trying to Ramp-slowmo videos, but they are all in slowmo because of the lack of FPS. Please help. Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 7:56 AM   in reply to Brahamus55

I don't understand your question. Could you please elaborate, giving more detail about what you're trying to do and what is happening?

If you're having trouble, it helps if you provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to Brahamus55

You need to explain a lot better. If your footage appears slow, something may be wrong with it in teh first place or you have a technical issue...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 9:31 AM   in reply to Brahamus55

My first guess is that you are trying to playback using the space bar. After Effects doesn't work that way. Use the period (.) key on the numeric keypad or the Preview Panel to generate a ram preview. If you are getting slow playback with ram preview then your system is not up to the task of playing back a preview of that size. Reduce the composition window's resolution and scale.

My second guess, you shot at a high frame rate with the GoPro and have interpreted the footage at a lower frame rate. Come to think of it, this is a lousy guess because it assumes you have an understanding for footage interpretation, frame rates, and how AE handles previews.

Third guess, you have rendered a project to a lossless codec and it won't playback smoothly. That's normal for lossless codecs.

More information would help us .... ooh, never mind. You've heard that twice already.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to Brahamus55

Y'know, it really helps to lean the After Effects Basics before you decide to dive into the deep end of the pool.  No kidding.  Many people have tried to jump in feet first, and almost all fail.

So once you get AE reinstalled, go here first snf fight the impression you can do anything just because you have the software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points