I have PSE 7 and Windows Vista. Whenever I try to use the PSE editor I receive the following error message: "Adobe Photoshop Elements (Editor) has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you is a solution is available." I have never received notification of a solution. Does PSE have compatibility issues with PSE 7? Is there a fix for this problem?
Please follow the steps below and let me know if that helps!
- Close Elements.. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as soon as you click Editor.
- Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Editor will open with default preferences.
If the abvove does not work, try the following:
2. Try launching with anti-virus off or removing PSE from conflicting list.
If this does not work too, try this:
3. In case any network printer is attached try to launch without network or printer uninstall or make different printer as default.
4. Try launching directly from the exe.
Please let me know of any of these resolve your issue.