Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to start Bridge in CS6

Jan 23, 2013 10:24 AM

Tags: #bridge #cs6

I have just installed CS6 from Disc, this runs fine but i am unable to open Bridge, either from within CS6 or by clicking on the Bridge icon in my taskbar.

I have read many forum discussions on this subject but have yet to find one with a good working answer to resolve the issue.

Is there a reason for the prolem Adobe? is there a fix or update? i have already checked that i have the latest updates running in CS6.

I have checked "task manager" on my windows 7 laptop, and it doesnt show any bridge applications running.

PLEASE HELP, i dont want to use $600 software which i saved up for only to find that a part of it doesnt work.

Any suggestions

Andy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to aking57

Do you get an error message?

If you have previous version of Bridge installed check Task Manager Application Tab again.  Look for any instance of Bridge.exe

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 10:52 AM   in reply to aking57

Yes, uninstall the CS6 trial.  By the way the trial and purchased version are the same.  You could have entered your s/n on trial and have been good to go.  S/N determine whether it is extended version or not.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 5:40 PM   in reply to aking57

Little confused.  You said you had CS6 trial on machine also.  Said you uninstall CS6 and reinstalled.  What about the trial?

Do you have an SSD and installed your temp file other than on C drive?

Try resetting preferences.  Hold down Ctrl key and start Bridge.  You should get a reset window.  Choose all 3 options.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 6:25 PM   in reply to aking57

The disk install may have, but not sure.  To be on safe side uninstall CS6, again, then run Adobe Script cleaner.  This will catch any traces of program that the unistall did not.  THen reinstall.

Did you get CS6 from Adobe or some other vendor?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 6:48 PM   in reply to aking57

Script cleaner here.  http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Best to accept default locations.  If you want to put specific file in certain locations it can get fouled up.  And do not move files after installation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points