Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Blending mode not looking correct

Jan 23, 2013 10:34 AM

Tags: #not_working_properly #blending_mode

Hey all. I'm using Photoshop CS6 on a Mac (OS X 10.8.2), and I've run into a wierd problem I've never seen before. I'm creating a seperate layer over a photo, and filling that layer with 50% gray. I then set that layer's blending mode to Overlay. When things are working correctly (and they always have in the past) setting the 50% gray layer to Overlay should render that layer invisible, and it should have no visual effect on the photo underneath. Suddenly this is not the case, and it looks like the grayscale in the photo beneath the gray layer is much brighter. What's really weird is that I tried to recreate this problem on a couple of other pic files, and the Overlay blending mode works fine there! So the problem seems to be only with this one file. Changing the file from CMYK to RGB seems to lessen the effect, but it's still present. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I'm totally stumped. Any help or ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to Miker2426

With these kind of issues it is probably a setting.  You best bet is to upload a screen shot so one can see your settings.  Use the camera icon in reply box.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points