Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export Video with Multiple Audio Tracks

Jan 23, 2013 11:35 AM

I need to be able to export video with audio on multiple tracks. I have moved to CS6 from FCP 7 where this was rather easy to do. I can make a preset in AME with more than enough mono tracks but after the encode the video is always smashed to one mono track. I am not doing a 5.1 mix, there are different mic's on each track that need to remain independant of one another and mixing them down within Premiere is not feasable. Are there no options to just have the audio 'pass through' like Compressor? Sorry if there are other posts but I have been searching forever and can not find a simple answer on this topic.

Also, is there no way to have the source timecode burn in? Putting a filter on the video in a sequence is unacceptable, I am very displeased to find that this doesn's seem possible in AME or Premiere, it has been part of Apple's suite for years.

Example of my preset from Compressor:

Name: Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)

Description: QuickTime movie with Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) and audio pass-through

File Extension: mov

Estimated size: unknown

Audio: multi-track pass-through

Video Encoder

Width: (100% of source)

Height: (100% of source)

Pixel aspect ratio: Default

Crop: None

Padding: None

Frame rate: (100% of source)

Frame Controls: Automatically selected: Off

Codec Type: Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)

Multi-pass: Off, frame reorder: Off

Automatic gamma correction

Progressive

Pixel depth: 24

Spatial quality: 50

Min. Spatial quality: 0

Temporal quality: 0

Min. temporal quality: 0

Timecode Generator

Position: Lower Right--Title Safe

Alpha: 1.000

Label: Source Timecode

Start Timecode at 00:00:00:00 false

Text Color: r:0.0000, g:0.0000, b:0.0000

Font: Helvetica, 36

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 1:48 PM   in reply to filmjames

Hi James,

For exporting a multitrack .wav file, you have to start a project with a multichannel audiomaster (3-16 tracks).

Copy and paste your complete edit to the new editsetting.

Now in the audiomixer you can route your audiolayers to the multichannel you like.

(CH1+2 pan to left is channel 1, pan to right is channel 2 and for a stereo track pan to center : channel 1 for left and channel 2 for right.)

Then you export your project to a 3-16 tracks multitrack .wav file.

When you need mono tracks you can import your multitrack .wav file in premiere. Then send it to Audition (edit in Audition) and then adobe will convert the file into mono tracks.

You'll find the mono tracks in your audio capture folder or can premiere search for then by 'reveal in explorer'.

The multi track .wav file has got timecode within the file.

When exporting in QT you can also choose for a multitrack audio file. It also contains your timeline timecode.

.avi or .mp4 video files cannot be exported with more than 5.1 channels of audio

MXF OP1a in XDCAMHD can also be exported with max. 16 channels of audio. It also contains your timeline timecode.

Hopefully you can get further with Premiere Pro with this info.

Succes with it!!

gr. Mano

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 6:17 PM   in reply to filmjames

If you add the Timecode effect to a clip and change the Timecode Source to media, you'll get a window dub of the clip's original timecode.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points