Skip navigation
OceanSparkz
Currently Being Moderated

Why Can't I Do Anthing in Elements 10?

Jan 23, 2013 11:26 AM

Tags: #problem #error #adobe #crash #elements #import #10 #elements_10

I purchased Elements 10 in the app store not too long ago. It looks great and everything, but I can't do a single thing without it claiming that "A serious error has occured" and that it "needs to close". I've tried reinstalling, but there's not much else I can do since it came straight from the app store. I don't typically buy from the app store, but I thought it was a reliable source. What's going on?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 11:39 AM   in reply to OceanSparkz

These questions below may be for a different product... but the information you need to supply is the same, for the products you use

More information needed for someone to help... please click these links and provide the requested information

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-Effective questions http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

-How to get help quickly http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419406

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 12:14 PM   in reply to John T Smith

I agree with John. It's hard to say what you're doing wrong without knowing what you're doing.

What operating system are you using? If you are on a Windows machine, have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have even the non-critical updates, which don't install automatically?

How fast is your processor. How much RAM do you have and how much free, defragmented space is on your C or main drive? Do you have more than one hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what resolution and format is it? Are you using Premiere Elements' Add Media tools to get the video from the camcorder to your computer?

And what exactly are you doing when you get these crashes?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 5:05 AM   in reply to OceanSparkz

Again, please provide us all of the information we need or we probably won't be able to help you.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2013 5:58 AM   in reply to OceanSparkz

Have you installed the driver pack that came with this camera to your computer?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, what project settings did you select?

For working with this type of video, you'll really be much better off with version 11. Version 10 is still pretty much for miniDV, HDV and AVCHD camcorder video.

Though I'm deeply concerned that pretty much ANYTHING you do crashes the program.

I've used version 10 on both Lion and Mountain Lion without so muc as a hiccup, so it promise you it's not a bug in the program. I'm sure you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I'm just afraid that what's going on might be beyond the program. Quite likely a conflict with another program on your drive. What professional "CS" software do you have installed?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to OceanSparkz

Normally you do not need to install camera drivers, most of the time there aren't any.

I would copy the files straight from the camera onto the harddrive.

Then import from the harddrive into Elements.

See if that will help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 12:24 PM   in reply to OceanSparkz

>purchased the software via the Apple App Store, so I don't have a disk or instruction manual

>is there a way for me to get a refund on version 10

I think that will be a question for Apple... especially since what you purchased is a download with no disc

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points