Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Change color in an Encore motion menu background

Jan 23, 2013 11:56 AM

I am thinking about using an existing Encore menu but I would like to take the moving background which is shades of blue and change it to shades of another color.  I've done this in PS for fixed backgrounds by right clicking and sending the menu to photoshop.

However I am not sure 100% on how to do this for a pre-built menu with motion?  I assume it is some kind of workflow of adding the menu to an Encore project and then sending the video from that timeline (as a video track not a menu?) to Pre Pro and using color tools there to replace color, etc.....then rendering it with an appropriate codec and somehow marrying it back with the original menu buttons, etc. in Encore..

Just not sure how to make that all happen!  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BJBBJB1

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 5:50 PM   in reply to BJBBJB1

You are on the right track. A Motion Menu uses a Video Asset (and maybe an Audio Asset too), for the motion.

All you have to do is create a Video Asset, or modify an existing one, Import that into Encore as an Asset, and then use the Pickwhip to link to that for the Motion Menu Background.

Once, those Video Assets for Motion Menus were WMV files, but in those days, Encore was ported for the PC only. Now, with X-platform capabilities, the format is M2v.

I would take the Motion Menu Background Video into PrPro, adjust the colors, and change it, in any way you need, then Export that for Import into Encore. If you have used a Menu Template, then there will be an existing Motion Menu Background Video already associated with it. Just use the Pickwhip to change that association.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points