Skip navigation
Mattykpj
Currently Being Moderated

16:9 Option Not Visible

Jan 23, 2013 3:52 PM

Hi,

Strange problem I am having. I haven't used Encore a lot. I am creating a DVD but have been unable to locate the option to set the aspect ratio to 16:9. It is defaulting to 4:3 and letter boxing my menu BG footage and dvd content. I seem to remember on previous projects a simple radio select for 16:9 on the properties panel but it not visible within this project. I don't know what I have done wrong? The footage is all .mov's exported from Premiere and most definitely 16:9 ratio.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Matt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 6:46 PM   in reply to Mattykpj

It's likely just the viewer settings that need correcting and not the assets themselves.

Look under Preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to Mattykpj

Projects don't have an aspect ratio, only the assets do.  If you're seeing it letterboxed, it means Encore knows it's widescreen and is treating it as such, but it's showing it to you in a 4:3 viewer.  Change that to a 16:9 viewer and all would look normal.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 2:18 PM   in reply to Mattykpj

You started with a Blanc Menu, but for widescreen you need to select Blanc Menu WIDE.

It looks like you are missing the functional content, fix that first:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 4:15 PM   in reply to Mattykpj

I assume you just want a 16:9 preview. That is found in Edit - Preferences - Preiew - TV Mode. See below:

003Capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 6:49 PM   in reply to Mattykpj

Ann also said you need to start with a menu that has WIDE in the menu name... and it appears you did not

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 7:42 PM   in reply to Mattykpj

I edit AVCHD and downsize to DVD... and I start with a Widescreen Encore menu to match my Widescreen assets

I have no idea how... or even if... you would CHANGE what you have... you may need to start a new project and begin with a Widescreen menu

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 8:21 PM   in reply to Mattykpj

>not given any options to create a wide menu

Ah... I think there is a terminology problem... as far as I know, unless you are CREATING a menu in something like Photoshop... you actually use an existing menu in Encore... so you need to select one that has WIDE at the end of the menu name... At least, that is what I do

If you do not find such menu(s) then the link Ann provided should help add more content

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 9:06 AM   in reply to Mattykpj

MANY people have had problems with the content for Encore CS6, even with the link Ann posted, since the instructions are not very clear

This is for CS5, but the structure will be "similar" for Encore CS6... except for being in the 64bit program path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS5\Library\Corporate

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Encore CS5\Library\Education

... and so on

Which means that when you unZip (or whatever) the downloaded content you will place the individual library folders as shown above... then, the next time you start Encore, it "should" let you open the folder(s) for the specific type of content

CS5 was MUCH cleaner in all this, since everything was installed during the original process, with no need to download and separately install the content

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points