Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adjustment Brush Problems in Lightroom

Jan 23, 2013 4:09 PM

Tags: #adjustment_brush #lightroom4

So the adjustment brush works mostly fine, but the problem I'm having is that I was making a background darker but didn't finish it - so I went back later and clicked on the pin to just keep going with it and it has slightly changed somehow so if I go over what i did before at all it's now a lighter color. Sorry for the run on sentence.

Usually if you go over something with the same setting it won't show anything. I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that I was working on this picture during a free trial which ended before I got to finish it. I then bought it later and used the number I was given to kind of revive it. All the pictures and histories were still there. And that's when the problem started. This seems to only be happening with pictures that I was editing before I bought it.

I tried updating it to 4.3 but that didn't help. I'm using a Mac. My camera is a Canon Rebel XS 1000D. Please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 5:51 PM   in reply to errgcantfindscreenname

It depends on your settings if the AdjBrush will change areas that you have gone over before.

If you have set Density to 100% the first time, you won't see anything the second time if you don't change the other settings.

But when Density is to 50% each stroke will add 50% of density. if the Density is set at 25% each stroke will add 25%, etc.

You say: "Usually if you go over something with the same setting it won't show anything." That is so if your density was set to 100% the first time you used the AdjBrush.

And you say "so I went back later and clicked on the pin to just keep going with it and it has slightly changed somehow" - yes, that would be the case if you density was set to less than 100% the first time.

The settings for <Flow> also can have an effect the second time.

Flow: Controls the rate of application of the adjustment.

Density: Controls the amount of transparency in the stroke.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points