Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

constrain crop doesn't always work

Jan 23, 2013 4:49 PM

make manual lens adjustment and hit the constrain crop checkbox

sometimes nothing happens (not tick appears, grey borders remain)

Somtimes you can tick it and nothing happens.

Sometimes you can tick it nothing happens but then click off the photo and back on, and the box is unticked but the crop has been applied!

ie its flaky.

ANyone else seen this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2013 4:57 PM   in reply to getho

Yep. And sometimes I click it and the check mark doesn't appear and the crop box doesn't appear but in the history panel it says "constrain crop - yes".

And sometimes it works the other way round: when I check it nothing happens and when I uncheck it it works.

I guess you learn to live with it. Some days it's cranky, and some it's happy and works. Just like people .

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 7:06 PM   in reply to getho

Yeah it is very buggy indeed. It will also often cause the crop to become stuck. Really stupid.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 4:47 AM   in reply to getho

I'm not experiencing this at all on my WIndows 7 system. What I do see and would like changed is an option that when you untick 'Constrain Crop' the image reverts back to NO crop. Right now I have to manually reset the crop using CTRL + ALT + R.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 5:19 PM   in reply to getho

This has been reported as a bug several times. I suggest you add your name to the comments in this thread

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/constrain_crop_s ometimes_works_backwards

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points