Skip navigation
idontknowwhatelsetodo
Currently Being Moderated

Why does my file open "full screen"?

Jan 23, 2013 6:18 PM

Tags: #illustrator

When I open an Illustrator document it opens full screen - meaning the top left corner of the document is at the very top left of my screen, (behind my tools) - and the bottom right is at the very bottom right of my screen (and behind my palettes).

Is there a preference setting so that a file would open in the middle of my screen - NOT full screen?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2013 12:22 AM   in reply to idontknowwhatelsetodo

The behavior is normal, if you use floating palette workspaces. Use a docked workspace.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 7:45 AM   in reply to idontknowwhatelsetodo

Would help to know what OS & AI version you are running.

Mac remembers window position when you save. You can easily fix this by

1. docking your palettes so they snap to the edge
    2. then clicking on one of the arrange documents icons on the top left of your application bar (view >> applikcaiton bar).

Screen Shot 2013-01-24 at 9.37.13 AM.png
    3. save your file.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to idontknowwhatelsetodo

I agree this isn't "normal" behavior.

In CS5 the document window only opened up to the tool bar, now it opens up to the end of the screen (as previously stated) under the tool bar. This has been driving me CRAZY since I upgraded to CS6. I have been searching all morning for a solution and this seems to be the only post on this matter!

Please help!!!

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 3:21 AM   in reply to idontknowwhatelsetodo

idontknowwhatelsetodo wrote:

but they didn't do a very good job of explaining what they meant.

When answering your question, people here have to take at least some basic stuff as granted. And that's why most of the regulars here assume that you at least read the introduction parts of the manual. For example this one: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/illustrator/cs/using/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e0 7d0100196cbc5f-633aa.html

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 7:41 AM   in reply to idontknowwhatelsetodo

Thank you, Thank you!!! I work in Ai all day every day and this has been driving me CRAZY so you have just restored my sanity as well!!! And I didn't understand what "docked" meant either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 2:33 PM   in reply to idontknowwhatelsetodo

I agree. I have been most unawesome as well. Just moving the Tools palette accidentally by one pixel enforces the unwanted behaviour that the document window is behind it. Rather than deriding paying customers, Adobe should make such glitches more obvious or at least refrain from laughing at customers helping each other successfully.

Remember - the customer is always right.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 3:00 PM   in reply to UselessUser

And remember that everyone here except those with a red Staff badge are just volunteers trying to help others.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points