Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

jquery slider effect to fade

Jan 24, 2013 4:10 AM

Hi,

Could someone help me with my problem:

I have a site that I made using a Business Catalyst template called Adora, and there is a slidehow called AnythingSlider. The slider has a Swing effect that swings pictures and I would  like to change that into Fade effect.

Now I have no knowledge of jquery. Script on the Template looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery.anythingslider.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

$(function(){

$('#slider1').anythingSlider({

startStopped    : false, // If autoPlay is on, this can force it to start stopped

hashTags        : false,

toggleArrows    : false,

buildArrows     : false,

enablePlay      : true,      // if false, the play/stop button will still be visible, but not clickable.

autoPlayLocked  : false,  // If true, user changing slides will not stop the slideshow

resumeDelay     : 10000, // Resume slideshow after user interaction, only if autoplayLocked is true (in milliseconds).

easing          : "swing",   // Anything other than "linear" or "swing" requires the easing plugin

delay           : 4000,      // How long between slideshow transitions in AutoPlay mode (in milliseconds)

animationTime   : 900,       // How long the slideshow transition takes (in milliseconds)

onSlideComplete : function(slider){

// alert('Welcome to Slide #' + slider.currentPage);

}

});

});

</script>

It says there: Anything other than "linear" or "swing" requires the easing plugin,

and I have found several different plugins, copyed the js file to my site, linked it to my Template file

(<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery.easing.js"></script>,)

changed the easing "swing" to whatever I have found in the plugin js file, like "easeOutQuad".

But I cannot get it to work. Could anyone help me out here and tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advange!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2013 6:07 AM   in reply to Elisa WD

I don't know this particular jQuery slide show but there's literally dozens of them out there.

If you get stuck just do a search on Google. If its just a simple fade effect you need then maybe this one:

http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to Elisa WD

Change this:

easing          : "swing",   //

to this:

easing          : "linear",   //

Save file & upload to server.  That may be all you need. 

If you want to use other easing effects, you'll need to refer to the easing.js documentation.

http://gsgd.co.uk/sandbox/jquery/easing/

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 9:54 AM   in reply to Elisa WD

How about showing us a link to your page?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to Elisa WD

I recommend you read the documentation for your plugin

http://css-tricks.com/anythingslider-jquery-plugin/

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...