Skip navigation
Britwick
Currently Being Moderated

Flash MX Professional 2004 Activation Problems

Jan 24, 2013 5:07 AM

Tags: #activation_failure

I am having trouble activating Flash MX Professional 2004. I have had the product for many years, but it is asking again to be reactivated, probably because I have moved the vmWare virtual machine on which it is installed to a new host computer.

I have learned that the old Macromedia activation servers are no longer available, and have tried using the information provided by http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/macromedia-legacy-ac tivation-error.html. But that only activates me to a non-professional version. I need to use features in the Professional version.

Is there a serial number available for Flash MX Professional 2004?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2013 5:26 AM   in reply to Britwick

You need to contact Adobe. You can do it over Live Chat. Tell them your product. They are very familiar with your issue (it has been rampant with other products). They will guide you where you need to be.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 6:41 AM   in reply to Britwick

There's really nothing you can do outside of Adobe. They deactivated a ton of servers (CS2 servers were a nightmare in a few forums). They made a bunch of pages for various products with keys for owners of that software to use their software without the activation service. So as much as I can tell you, this definitely isn't a new issue but them not providing you with a functioning product is a pretty big surprise.

You should contact them again and demand to talk to a supervisor. I can't see them just turning a cheek on something like this. You're not asking for "support", you're just trying to get your product to work and it's their fault the activation serials don't match the product they disabled. A supervisor will probably be able to help, or at least let you know if they're working on a page for products that don't have a serial number yet, which may be the case.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to Britwick

[Suite software solution (unworking) removed]

Message was edited by: sinious

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 8:45 AM   in reply to moccamaximum

Sorry moccamaximum but that link referred to a Suite, not a single product. You should refrain from posting links to file sharing sites. Any Adobe official fix links are readily welcomed as they can be guaranteed not to contain any unwanted virus/malware/spyware. Please keep the solution to the specific product in question however, just Flash MX 2004 Professional, not a Suite, until the OP mentions the product is a Suite.

As a side note on the suite, you may wish to contact Adobe and mention that CS2 is offered to people who have previously owned the CS2 suite, which would contain a Professional version of Flash. If they are unwilling to give you access to the software you purchased you may be able to take advantage of that offering. But please ask Adobe about this first, otherwise it would be illegal. I know of no other offerings that contain an unsupported version of Flash Professional (CS2 is also unsupported).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to Britwick

Thank you for not posting that information. You did pay for your product so you deserve for it to work. While I'm happy you can continue working, do note that Adobe servers will see your serial number in use and may or may not do something about it in the future.

What you may want to do is get the next version of Flash Pro and try the serial number they gave you. You may not even know it but they may have upgraded you to the next version for free. If it does work on that then consider it a gift from Adobe. The latest software is always the best to use.

Lastly, just to be clear, it wasn't a criticizm to Mocca, I just am obligated to remove anything that could be potentially harmful and advocate the correct route, which is talking to Adobe, for all users safety.

If you are all set please mark helpful/correct responses so we can filter out unanswered questions. Good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points