Skip navigation
Osog Ka
Currently Being Moderated

is there a Bridge comparable app with plug-ins into Bridge?

Jan 24, 2013 11:01 AM

Tags: #metadata #bridge_cs6

If my customer cannot afford a Creative Suite because he only needs Bridge and that for a short time… and since Bridge isn’t available as a stand-alone… what application should my customer use (PC and Mac) to do just the following:  apply star-ratings and colours to a file, add a caption, add metadata. After he sends it to me (on CD or via a server) I have to find that metadata in my Bridge. Is there an application out there?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to Osog Ka

Many use Windows Explorer rather than Bridge.  Probably Finder with Mac is similar.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2013 1:17 PM   in reply to Osog Ka

After he sends it to me (on CD or via a server) I have to find that metadata in my Bridge. Is there an application out there?

Adobe Lightroom is not a very expensive application and the ratings applied by LR are respected by Adobe Bridge. I tried Aperture (Mac, also very cheap) but I am not very familiar with both LR and Aperture and while the files from LR when imported from the folder I used in Bridge where also updated in Bridge I. The rating applied in Aperture is also respected by Bridge but I had to export a version, don't know a fast way but if you manage to find out yourself this might be an option for you.

If you have a real business with many files and need to use this often I know that Canto Cumulus has a client version to look at the files for sorting etc but that is for the full version that doesn't com cheap for you but probably will leave you with clients that are very satisfied...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 7:09 AM   in reply to Osog Ka

If  "he only needs Bridge and that for a short time" a $20 per month Single App cloud subscription to Photoshop might offer a low cost option.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points