Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 4 launches to Photoshop CS5 when I try to print from Lightroom. How do I change it

Jan 24, 2013 3:16 PM

Lightroom 4 launches to Photoshop CS5 when I try to print from Lightroom. How do I change it, so the printing goes directly from Lightroom to the printer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2013 3:31 PM   in reply to MartyOretsky

I've never heard of such a thing!

How do you print from Lr? What settings are you using? Can you post a screen shot?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to MartyOretsky

There was no error message attached.

Attachments do not work on this forum.

If you want to show the error message, create a screen shot and post it by clicking on the small camera icon when you answer here.

You cannot do this from your e-mail. You have to log on here on the forum and click on <Reply>.

See screen shot.

Forum.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to MartyOretsky

What is your message? You did not post anything.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 2:51 PM   in reply to MartyOretsky

Hi Marty,

You will have to post from logging on to this forum in a web browser.

By mail you do not get your attachments or screenshots across.

It makes also sense that you verify that your posts do look on the forum as you intended.

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 3:08 PM   in reply to MartyOretsky

If I read your screen shjot correctly, Lr stops working when you try to print.

Why didn't you say that in your first post?

When you go to the Develop Module and have the same file selected, do you get a message <File offline or missing> ?

Also this could be due to a corrupt Preference File. This file can go "funny" and is then responsible for all kinds of strange behavior of Lr. The remedy is replacing the Preference File.

The remedy is not re-installing Lr since the Pref File is designed to "survive" a re-installation.

See here for where to find the Preference file for your OS: http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroo m-4.html

See here for how to go about Replacing the Preference File: http://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 3:12 PM   in reply to web-weaver

MartyOretsky,

What are you doing? You are posting the same text three times.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 3:20 PM   in reply to MartyOretsky

Hi Marty,

This is a user-to-user forum, so we are no Adobe Helpline.

Do I understand correctly: you have one image or several selected in Library module, then you click "Print" in the header line (=the one that toggles visibilty by hitting the key <F5>), which should navigate into Print module:

Then you never arrive in Print module of LR, but Photoshop gets launched instead?

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to MartyOretsky

Ok, this is so strange that I would conclude with web-weaver that your preferences file may have gone corrupt.

So please follow his instructions behind the links he posted in answer #13.

Good luck, Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to MartyOretsky

MartyOretsky wrote:

Let me try again. I am in Lightroom and click print. Then I am launched to PS.

This is not possible.

What you are seeing is not PS, it's your printer dialog. PS does not have an ICM button.

And you say: " Lightroom doesn't stop working; rather CS5 stops working"

And what does the error message say that you posted in the screen shot?  Does it not say "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working" ?

Do not be confused. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is the official name of Lightroom. This is not CS5 that has stopped working. CS5 does not come on when you hit the print button in Lr.

It is Lr that has stopped working.

And you say: "My next step is to click on ICM so the color controls are done by the software."

This is wrong. When you want Lr to do the color management, you select a profile in the Print Module, in the <Print Job> panel under Color Management / Profile.

In the screen shot below I have selected a profile for my HP printer and paper. And that's where you select a profile for your printer and paper.

Print Color Managment.JPG

You do not click on ICM in your printer dialog. You click there only when you want your printer to manage colors.

So try to print by selecting the profile in the print Module as indicated and do not click on ICM.

By the way: Which OS? Are you on a Mac?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 4:20 PM   in reply to MartyOretsky

Why do you insist that Photoshop is being launched?

This is not Photoshop. This is the dialog for your Epson printer that iis being launched. And it should come up.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to MartyOretsky

MartyOretsky,

You probably mistake your printer dialog for Photoshop because this printer dialog also appears when you print from Photoshop.

But it is not part of Photoshop. It is a part of your printer software.

This piece of printer software is called the "printer dialog", and it is being addressed and launched from Photoshop when you print, and also from Lr when you print .

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points