Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Moving footage notes/descriptions between projects

Jan 24, 2013 11:56 PM

Tags: #metadata #color_coding #premiere_pro_cs6 #descriptions

Is it possible to get the footage/log notes (i.e. the descriptions and color coding columns in the project panel) from one project into another?

A producer left a lot of good info, however they imported all the extraneous MXF and BMP files for all of the P2 footage into the project. I would just go through and delete all of these (or move them to a 'garbage' folder) within the project but there are multiple copies of many of the MXfs and there is a lot of footage to go through and pick all of this stuff out. (2 sometimes 3 cameras from 3 full days of shooting :: about 1Tb).

I also don't want to have to go through and re-link all that media because it goes through one at a time due to the nature of how P2 footage stores itself so I can't just link the top file and let Premiere find the rest; plus that would be a lot of extra wasted disk space in the form of unnecessary Media Cache files.

Maybe a workaround using Prelude or Media Encoder? I just want to be able to make my own PPprj with a cleaner import (which I've done) but also bring over all the comments/color coding, which is maybe in the metadata?? If this is not possible, no biggie, it would just make my life easier and remove one giant hassle. If it is possible please advise.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 6:21 AM   in reply to J_Heffernan

It is possible to import sequences from one project to another and just the files that were used on the sequence come over. The log notes transfer over as well. It might be that everything you need transfers over. Check it out and let us know.

Just import the sequences into your new project  and see what happens. Not the whole project, just the sequences you want.

I don't use P2 footage but I don't think that it matters in this case. Please let me know if I am wrong about that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to J_Heffernan

Actually those are saved in the program Preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 1:38 PM   in reply to J_Heffernan

Because that's part of the program settings, not the project.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points