Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Vinyl Wall Art

Jan 25, 2013 8:30 AM

I want to make vinyl wall art.  Can someone tell me how I would go about making this example in .ai cs6

This example shows ZALESNY over a lighter background...

vinyl wall art .jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 8:39 AM   in reply to wicked1966
    1. Wall painted in lighter background
    2. Gold type knocked out of vinyl (Weed out the letters and use the negative part). Put on wall and run a roll gold paint over stencil.
    3. Green ZALESNY type cut out of vinyl

1 would be your bottom layer & 3 the to.

Alternativley you could put green vinyl letters on top of the gold small letters, but the overlap would be raised and not like that nice if someone comes close up.  You could knock the green shape out of the gold letters, but that woudl only work is the is very large, and I would skinny the green knockout so you have a little overlap (basically trap with vinyl letters)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 9:00 AM   in reply to wicked1966

Or, prep a file for grand format inkjet.  You do not give a wall size, but this could be done using a nice wallpaper type media.  Vinyl cut type is tacky ( no pun intended ).  It can be done, but for much less handwork, a large format wallpaper type application might work better.  Again, depending on the final wall size, you might want to go grand format.  Let's say you have a wall that is 84" high x 144" wide ( 7'x12' ); setup your file 21x36" ( 25% actual size ); save for vendor's specs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 11:20 AM   in reply to wicked1966

Start by attaching a better screen shot.  I cannot see clearly the elements behind your "ZALESNY" text.  And, you haven't been specific enough on what exactly you are looking for and what the final file application will be.  Gondek gave you vinyl cut letter application, I gave you a wallpaper approach.  Whic is it?  And what is the final size?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points