Skip navigation
Dawn Wiseman
Currently Being Moderated

Save problems with Indesign CS5.5

Jan 25, 2013 9:16 AM

I am on a mac. When I hit command-s to save mt work in indesign it is not saving the file to the folder from which it was opened, can you direct me to where I can changed this preference?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 11:01 AM   in reply to Dawn Wiseman

Are you opening a file that was from a previous version for the first time? When you do that ID appends [Converted] to the file name and does a Save AS to prevent you from accidentally overwriting the old version, and because the file is considered a new file ID will default to the last forlder where you did a Save AS. Existing files that were saved already in the current version should always default to the folder from which they were opened, and if they are not I would say this is a problem with some other software that you are running. Do you have any third party lpugins installed for ID?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 11:11 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

I'm glad that InDesign only *suggests* [Converted] being appended in the title tab, unlike that disagreeable habit in Illustrator of making you backspace the [Converted] out if you don't want it (or until you go to Illy prefs and turn it off).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points