Skip navigation
maver2
Currently Being Moderated

Business Catalyst - obligatory Adobe webhosting???

Jan 25, 2013 9:45 AM

Tags: #bc #business-catalyst

Hello,

Is webhosting with Adobe company obligatory for using Adobe Business Catalyst or can I have my own webhosting after I create my eshop?

Maver

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 10:22 AM   in reply to maver2

Hi

Yes, it does require hosting on an Adobe server, but depending on the options you use it may also be a 'free' hosting.

See - http://www.businesscatalyst.com/

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 11:30 AM   in reply to maver2

maver2 wrote:

But I do not know if it is obligatory - I do not think so - I think when you buy it then you can have your own webhosting -at least it is mentioned in Muse FAQ - BC.

Hi

With BC adobe hosting is obligatory, as it is a complete adobe hosted solution.

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 11:34 AM   in reply to maver2

BC Modules do not work on other servers.

If you build your site with MU or DW and don't use BC Modules for CMS, e-commerce, blogs, etc... then you can use any host you wish.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 12:11 PM   in reply to maver2

Sorry, I cannot confirm that e-shop will or won't work on 3rd party hosting. I've never used it.   Why don't you ask the BC Forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/community/business_catalyst

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 5:51 AM   in reply to maver2

Hi all,

let me clarify this issue. As long as you try to build a BC site (ecommerce as well) with any type of modules belonging to BC, then you'll need to use Adobe Hosting. Adobe Business Catalyst is an integrated solution and, for the moment, its modules don't work with other hosting providers.

You can build a simple HTMLwebsite (New Site vs. New Business Catalyst Site) and you can use any hosting provider that you want. Here you can include any functionality that doesn't have to do with BC.

Of course, from our perspective, we would love if you hosted with us, but if you want otherwise, you can use a FTP/SFTP client to upload your site to other hosting providers.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points