Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Need to manipulate vector object - HELP

Jan 25, 2013 10:59 AM

Tags: #illustrator #shape #pen #mesh_tool

Screen shot 2013-01-25 at 1.34.02 PM.png

The vector image is the oil drop on the top.  I need to make it look like the jpg image below.  How do I do that?  I am still new to AI and how to manipulate vector objects. I am using AI CS3 on mac platform. Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to AlieneGirl

Use the direct select tool ( open  or white arrow ) and click on the path to get the anchor points.  Click on the top anchor point to move it and adjust the anchor handles to get the shape.  Use the gradient tool to position ther highlight and adjust the gradient size in the gradient palette.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to AlieneGirl

Hi AlieneGirl,

1.jpg

1. First start by clicking on the top anchor point with the direct selection tool
    2. Convert this anchor point into a smooth anchor point, so that you can have access to the handles (a corner point does not give you access to handles).

2.jpg

3.   Now get the Convert Anchor Point Tool (SHIFT C), and click on the smooth anchor point. This will allow you to independently move the direction handles.

5.jpg

4. Now drag just the right handle downwards (see reference above)

5. Now drag just the left handle at the same angle as in reference above

6. Now drag a yellow swatch to the gradient panel to replace the orange you had

3.jpg

7. Now you need to position the gradient - the easiest way to do this is to go to the gradient tool (just click letter G), and you will see the following cursor change:

4.jpg

8. Just drag the hollow circle in the middle a little to the right and downwards to reposition the centre of your gradient. You can also adjust the slider directly if you want to increase the brightness.

Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 7:00 AM   in reply to AlieneGirl

Such a pleasure!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status