• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML Accessibility

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 8 to generate HTML (.chm) output. My company has a mandate to create Section 508 compliant (accessible) online Help. Can I create an accessible online Help project using HTML (.chm) output or must it be WebHelp output to be Section 508 compliant?

Thanks for any help!

Caro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2013 Jan 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Caro.

Section 508 is really only designed for WebHelp. However RoboHelp 10 does have the ability to apply a WebHelp skin to a CHM file. Doing so adds some WebHelp functionality to the CHM file. I strss that I have not really tested this other than to generate the output, but it maybe something worth looking into. You'd need to upgrade from RH8 though.

The functionality works by generating both the CHM and WebHelp output and then running a built in script to wrap the CHM in the WebHelp skin. Maybe download the RH10 trial and experiment on your current output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp