Skip navigation
Pianorexic
Currently Being Moderated

What is the best workflow for HD to SD?

Jan 25, 2013 2:00 PM

What is the best workflow for converting HD to SD? I have a project from my Panasonic HC-X900M at 1080/60p that I need to edit and output to SD on a DVD. My camera can convert to either 1080/60i or MP4 (640x360/30p). What would be the best to import to PE11 to give the best output to DVD? Thanks for any help offered.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 5:01 PM   in reply to Pianorexic

Ignore the technical details.

"Add Media" to the project.  Do whatever you want for editing, titles, transitions, etc.

Don't spend any time on camera conversion.  Use the camera to record the highest quality possible.  PrE11 will have to downgrade it to SD, but that's built in.

When the project is complete, "Publish and Share" to whatever format you want, including "DVD".  It will be the (disappointing) SD standard but will be automatic.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 5:10 PM   in reply to Pianorexic

>1080/60p or 1080/60i - to DVD

Before you get into a major project, do 2 small (say, up to 30 minutes or so) projects... one at each of the above... and write a DVD from each

See what works best for you... and which one you like best when the DVD is played at a TV

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 7:26 AM   in reply to Pianorexic

I would use the original files, edit and burn to dvd either as 30p or 60i (trial and error)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 10:49 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

Ann Bens wrote:

I would use the original files, edit and burn to dvd either as 30p or 60i (trial and error)

In version 11 it does not give choices like that when you "Publish+Share" to Disk and pick DVD.

The DVD " .VOB" file that is created on my computer is done as interlaced at 29.97 fps and 720 x 480 NTSC Widescreen Dolby

Bill

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points