Skip navigation
Northwestdavid742
Currently Being Moderated

Will LR4.3 reconize Nikon 3200 camera?

Jan 25, 2013 4:22 PM

I just bought a Nikon 3200 camera and shoot RAW.  I tried to transfer the files to my Windows 7 computer but it does not start autorun as it does with my other Kinkon cameras.  Itried PSE8 and it said it uploaded but I can't find the images.  I created a file which shows LR files in it but it will not open with LR or PSE.

Any chance this can be fixed?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 4:50 PM   in reply to Northwestdavid742

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 6:52 AM   in reply to Northwestdavid742

A couple of thoughts. You indicated that you created a file. Do you mean a folder? How did you download the images? Is there any chance you used an older version of Nikon Transfer? There have been reports that Nikon Transfer does something to the files that make them unreadable in Lightroom. If you are not doing so, I suggest using a card reader. It's more reliable, and usually a lot faster than downloading from the camera. If you still have the images on the card, try downloading them just using Windows Explorer, and then try to import those into Lightroom.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to Northwestdavid742

Do I understand you correctly that in Win 7 and PSE you can see the photos when you connect the camera but in the Import Dialog in Lr you cannot?

Is this by chance not an approved memory card? I don't know if Lr would be bothered about a non-approved card.

These are the Nikon-approved cards for the D3200:

D3200Cards.JPG

Back to Lr:

In the Import Dialog, top center, do you have <Copy> selected?

<Copy> is for importing images from camera / memory card;

<Add> is for importing images that are already on one of your hard drives and you do not want to change their location;

<Move> is for importing images that are already on one of your hard drives and you do want to change their location.

There is a workaround that hopefully works:

Using Windows upload the photos into a folder of your choice. Then Import them into Lr from this folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 1:51 PM   in reply to Northwestdavid742

I can confirm that Lr works very well with raw images from the Nikon D3200, as this is one of our cameras.

I plug the SD card directly into my laptop's SD-slot and copy from there, using LR's import.

Are you using Nikon transfer?

Are the images uncorrupted?.

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points