Skip navigation
##FelixFelicis
Currently Being Moderated

Need Help with Shape Tween - Works one direction, not another

Jan 26, 2013 6:43 AM

Tags: #actions #cs6 #shape #mac_problem #vector_shapes #shape_tween #shape_tools

Hello,

I'm needing help with a simple shape tween. I'm able to make this shape tween function properly in 3 directions (right, left & up) but not the fourth (down).

I'm starting with a basic rectangle. The goals is to animate the bottom of the rectangle to distort out horizontally a bit, because I will have it flapping back and forth. I'm showing two rectangles in the screenshots. The bottom animation works how I want, the top does not.

Screen shot 2013-01-26 at 9.31.01 AM.png

The top rectangle that is supposed to expand on its bottom side, wants to rotate to the right while animating.

The bottom rectangle just expands the corners how I want.

Screen shot 2013-01-26 at 9.31.08 AM.png

They both get to the same end points, but the top animation wants to rotate while expanding?? I've tried using Shape Hints to tell the corners where to go, but they don't work in this case. I can get the corners to expand to the left & right also, it's just in the downward direction where the animation goes weird.

I'm obviously no Flash expert, so I hope I'm just missing something simple. I'm also running Flash from my Mac, so I don't know if that could be a cause.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screen shot 2013-01-26 at 9.31.38 AM.png

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points