Skip navigation
starverse101
Currently Being Moderated

CS5 not saving Workspace & Brushes ?

Jan 26, 2013 10:48 AM

Tags: #cs5 #workspace #brushes_not_saving #brushes_won't_save_brushes

Hello there one and all. I recently did a upgrade to my PC and had to reinstall Windows 7 and all the software/programs on my PC. I have Photoshop CS5 working fine and all, but one thing it is doing that it never did in the past is ...

I set my workspace up to how I wanted it to be - put my history pallet where I want it, loaded all my brushes, actions, etc.  it used to always be there when I opened PS up the next time. Now, since my PC Re-install, it seems to go back to default ... is there a way to stop this - pretty annoying having to reload everything back every time ??

Thank you in advance for you help!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to starverse101

Short version: Your file/ folder permissions on your user folder are busted, possibly due to your security tokens from your old install having become invalid. Yoda says: "Fix it, you must". Refer to the info I collected here:

Installation Preparations

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,480 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2013 1:07 PM   in reply to starverse101

Have you tried saving your workspace with a name of your choosing?  Does even the choice of what named workspace to use not come back after restarting?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2013 1:50 PM   in reply to starverse101

Also, in Edit>Preferences there is a checkbox for Save Panels When Closing (or similar syntax), and be sure that is checked.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points