Skip navigation
riverchase
Currently Being Moderated

new user of Elements 11

Jan 26, 2013 10:03 AM

1. How can I delete multiple folders that I don' want in my Elements 11?  Can do it one at a time but need to get rid of a bunch all at once.

2. Can I set up "gmail" as a default rather than  whatever their default program is?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2013 11:34 AM   in reply to riverchase

riverchase wrote:

1. How can I delete multiple folders that I don' want in my Elements 11?  Can do it one at a time but need to get rid of a bunch all at once.

When you are in 'folder' view (not 'My folders') where you can see the whole folder tree, you can select a folder and delete it as well as its subfolders : right click and choose 'delete'.

If you have to delete a number of subfolders in various locations in the folder tree, it may be quicker to work in 'folder' view, open each subfolder, select all pictures (Ctrl A) and assign a keyword like 'tobedeleted'. Do that for each subfolder, then switch to "all media", the standard thumbnail view. Select all files with 'tobedeleted' and and use the delete feature. That will take some time, but you don't need to be there waiting for the organizer to complete the deletion.

It's up to you to chose if you simply want to delete the files from the catalog or also from the disk.

If it's only from the catalog, I would be prudent and before the deletion create  a catalog copy (a simple copy of the folder containing the database -- shown in the help menu, system info).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points