Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSD and HDD : Master Collection CS6 installation problem

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2013 Jan 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought CS6 Master Collection suite for Windows.

I have a computer with a SSD (near full) and a HDD. I want to install the Master Collection CS6 on my HDD.

But when I enter my cd key, and I access the menu of the installation, the software says that several softwares have to be installed on the SSD (although I have chosen the HDD). It mentioned that 2.4gb will be installed on the SSD.

But when the installation finishes, it is not 2.4gb that are installed on my SSD, but more than 7GB! and I do not have enough space to install these 7GB on the SSD. And in parallel, only 3GB are installed on my HDD.

How to solve this problem, and install the Suite only on the HDD (or install only the 2.4gb mentioned during the installation on the SSD)?

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not possible. There will always be parts on the system root drive. The size of the copmponents depends on what Adobe products are actualyl installed or what previous products were on teh system. If a product was installed on teh SSD once, it wil lalways reinstall on the SSD as will its shared components, presets, templates and so on. Uninstall everything Adobe, run the pertinent Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and Acrobat Cleaner Tool and start over, or, which would be smarter, buy a bigger SSD. You will always run into trouble with a near full disk because programs can't create swap files and so on. Read this:

Installation Preparations

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines