Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to loop audio track and how to replace audio tracks.

Jan 26, 2013 7:38 PM

Tags: #audio #premiere_cs6

Hello. I am using premiere pro cs6 win version.

I have two noob questions.

Can I loop audio tracks like After Effects in Premiere Pro? AE can loop audio tracks by using simple expressions.

For example I have a audio track whose duration is 10 sec and I want to loop it and make the total duration 1 min.

And can I replace audio tracks at once?  In AE, I can replace layers with other footages at once, if I hold alt and click footages from project panel and drop them onto layers in timeline. I mean I placed 100 same "sound effects A"(0.1 second)  in audio track 1, and I want to replace all "sound effects A" with "sound effects B" at once. Do you know how?

Thank you in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2013 7:48 PM   in reply to Rodan_Shiner

No to both questions.  But...you can still get the end result, just in a different way.

For the loop, you'll have to duplicate the clip over and over until it reaches 1 minute.  Easily done with keyboard shortcuts for Copy and a whole bunch of Pastes.

For replacing that many clips, it's easier to do this outside of PP.  Close the project, rename sound effect A on the hard drive to something else, and then rename sound effect B to sound effect A.  When you reopen PP, it will think effect B is effect A because it has that name, and all sound effect A clips will be using effect B.  Take note that this process will affect all A clips in the entire project, not just one sequence.  If you want to do this for just one sequence, or if you still need to use effect A somewhere else, then you'll need to do things the hard way by replacing every clip you want changed manually.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to Rodan_Shiner

yes to the second question,

if only copies of this one sound effect A are in track 1, just lasso them all, if not, shift-select them all.

then alt-drag effect B on them and it will change all selected A clips to effect B.

you might have to nudge them all together a bit for the right timing afterwards, since PR takes the in- and out points from the original edit, just like AE.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points