Skip navigation
Gordon Fecyk
Currently Being Moderated

Does "Error 213:11" as non-admin go away once paid for?

Jan 26, 2013 6:17 PM

Tags: #error #windows #trial #213:11 #standard_user #limited_user #non-administrator

After Roxio disappointed me for the last time, I tried trial versions of both Premiere Elements 11 and Premiere Pro 6.0.3. Both gave me similar problems when launched as a non-administrator on Windows 7 Pro. After initially launching either application with "Run as Administrator," presumably to get any initial post-setup setup done (yes I meant to say that), the application would launch precisely once as a non-admin, present me with a pop-up window with the Error 213:11 code, then exit. Subsequent launches would present me with the pop-up without actually launching.

If this is related to whatever copy protection Adobe uses, does this issue go away once the products are paid for?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to Gordon Fecyk

Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the forum.

As to your question, I can't answer with certainty.  I'm admin on all my systems.  I will say that I have never received the error you describe when using any version of any Adobe software.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 6:20 PM   in reply to Gordon Fecyk

Hopefully, you'll get some responses from people who have encountered that error.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 6:50 PM   in reply to Gordon Fecyk

I set up a brand new standard user and was able to run Premiere Pro 6.0.3 without a problem. Sorry, but I can't answer your question either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 7:33 PM   in reply to Gordon Fecyk

Mine is from my wife's subscription to the Creative Cloud since we share a PC. So it is paid for. But I can't imagine that is the problem. It sounds more like a firewall issue is keeping the program from getting the permission it needs to run.

Edit:  Scratch that last comment. I found the following page:  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-store-does-not-allow.ht ml

Edit: And this comment elsewhere:

I was able to solve this for my users, buy giving them full permisions for two locations:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

and

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 7:55 PM   in reply to Gordon Fecyk

This is NOT a trial problem.  You should not get this error simply because you're on a trial, nor should you have to Run as Admin (with a right click)* for Premiere Pro.  Something is definitely wrong with your system.

*You should generally be using an Admin level account under Windows.  Don't run Adobe software under a Standard user account.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 8:32 AM   in reply to Gordon Fecyk

standard user accounts are the first and best defence against malware and other abuse.

Wholly unnecessary if you know what you're doing.  (Even more so with Windows 7 and now 8.)  And there are times when things in the Adobe suite simply won't work without an Admin level account.

I stand by the advice to run Adobe software with an Admin account as standard practice. (I'd wager the majority of users do.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 8:57 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

>times when things in the Adobe suite simply won't work without an Admin level account

I have not had any PPro CS5 problems, but my personal experience with Encore is that is will NOT create a dual layer DVD without doing the "Run as Admin" step at this link http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points