Skip navigation
heses
Currently Being Moderated

image cropping changes

Jan 26, 2013 6:51 PM

Tags: #11

Just installed Elements 11 on a new Asus ET2300 all-in-one with Windows 8.  Resolution is set at a recommended 1920x1080.  I opened a jpeg in Elements and cropped the image to a square, but when I hit Print, what I see on the print set-up screen (and what actually prints) is an image with a good part of the top and bottom missing (although there is also a small image in the upper left corner that looks intact).  I tried setting the computer resolution to 1600x900 and the image was severely cropped on the sides.

How do I correct this problem?  If I choose one of the other resolution options, I guess that I might get a square or something close to it, but I assume that will effect my results in viewing venues.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2013 7:05 PM   in reply to heses

I suggest read this printed tutorial to get the idea how to crop an image professionally:

<http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/getting-started/crop-photos. html>

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to heses

Try cropping by using the marquee tool. Hold shift as you drag to constrain it to a square, then go to Image>Crop. Does that produce a different result when you print?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to heses

Are you trying to print a square photo?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 7:38 PM   in reply to heses

Unfortunately, I found nothing at that link-site that solves my problem, which is that the print that comes out is very different from the cropped area that I have selected. 

Are you saving the picture before printing?  It looks like you are not saving the picture.  The way I do is as follows:

1) Load the picture in the editor;

2) Duplicate the image;

3) Crop the duplicated image;

4) Save the cropped image;

5) Load this image again to be certain it is saved;

5) Print the (re)loaded image;

Using this workflow you are certain that you are printing the correct image.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points