Skip navigation
whytebate
Currently Being Moderated

Help with XML Keyword file

Jan 26, 2013 7:43 PM

Hi,

I've just had to reinstall CS6 on my iMac (Hard drive was replaced due to a fault). All my keywords are saved on the back up copy made of all of my files - filename is Adobe Bridge Keywords.xml - is was in a folder User/Library/Application support/Abobe/Bridge CS6.

I'd have thought I would have 2 options here:

1. import keywords (but I can't seem to import an XMLfile using the import function)

2. replace the newly created Adobe Bridge Keywords.xml file with the old one...

Problem is - there doens't appear to be a new XML file & the file structure User/Library/Application support/Abobe/Bridge CS6 doesn't appear to exist.

Anyone know where i might start with this puzzle?

Sarah

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 3:30 AM   in reply to whytebate

Hello,

Problem is - there doens't appear to be a new XML file & the file structure User/Library/Application support/Abobe/Bridge CS6 doesn't appear to exist.

I think there is no new xml file because bridge create one if he need one.

If you give new keyword to a picture, i think bridge will create this file. You can try this.

But i think the only thing you'll have to do is just copy your saved files in the same directory even if there is no correspondant files, just copy it and i believe that you're keywords will come back to your new install of adobe bridge.

I have allready done that whith my windows computer, and it was ok

sorry i don't speak english very well.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 5:07 AM   in reply to whytebate

1. import keywords (but I can't seem to import an XMLfile using the import function)

This option only works on a text file, usually the keyword list that was first exported using the same menu as import (little menu icon top right of the keyword panel)

2. replace the newly created Adobe Bridge Keywords.xml file with the old one...

I agree with guewen on this one.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points