Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can I eliminate gaps?

Jan 27, 2013 12:34 AM

I have an Ae-project that I have previously made as a DVD-project, but now i've stepped up to BluRay, and I discover a strange detail:

The project has a short intro, an animation set as first play, that leads up to the main menu. In other words: The last frame of the intro is identical to the look of the main menu. Now, in the DVD-project, it seems that Ae "holds" the last frame of the intro until the main menu is loaded, and the result is that the transition between the intro and the main menu appears seamlessly. Just like I want it to be.

However, in the BluRay-project, a black gap appears when the player goes from the intro to the main menu. The gap is obviously not a long one, but it's there and it annoys me, so can it be eliminated?

Thanx in advance for any suggestions...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 11:16 AM   in reply to Arne Berg

Instead of separate elements, make the intro and menu one element.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/dvd_authoring/

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 4:54 PM   in reply to Arne Berg

As Assets are located on the disc, there can be a pause, seen as a "flash to black."

I would test using that last/first Frame as a separate Asset (Video), and use that as a Button Transition - can only be a Video Asset, and not a Timeline. Does that eliminate the flash to black?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to Arne Berg

Arne,

Read post # 28 in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4690487

You can also download the iso file from post # 23 in the same thread. Burn it and try it in your player. If it works and the gaps are gone, read post # 28 to see how it was done.

I wrote those posts and it works for some. It seems to be some players that have the problem you describe.

I use Encore CS6.

/Roger från Sverige

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to Arne Berg

Would that be a country very close to Sweden? Ha, ha!

I think you are, but just in case, when testing gaps, be sure you are viewing burned disks.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 5:17 AM   in reply to Arne Berg

You have described my understanding of the problem. It is my understanding that players "should" hold the last frame when doing such operations, but under some conditions (or with some players), they do not.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 9, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

I'm creating a DVD, a have a video asset (avi) as first play, then end action goes to main menu, the last frame of the avi is identical to the main menu, except once the main menu appers I have added a couple of buttons (play and chapters). There's a gap between the assest and menu.

So is the definitive answer that we are stuck with gaps?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points