Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

BluRay burners.

Jan 27, 2013 4:06 AM

I have been 'playing around', I like to call it educating myself, for the past 12mnths. with an expensive HD Vid Cam, an expensive computer and now I am itching to record a BluRay disc of my rendered video. I have purchased an expensive 'burner', in fact 2. I took the first one back because when I enter Share/Disc/BluRay, I get message in Status, 'No burners detected'. The Man at the shop thought I was 'avin a largh, but recomended I buy a dearer model, "because that's a real one" he says. After carefull installation, because by now, I thought I am doing somthing wrong here, I got the same message, but it only cost me $25 more. I have to say, using the same burner installed, when I enter Share/Disc/DVD or Share/Disc/ACHVD, the other 2 options, with the same file, I get an immidiate response from Status saying, Burner Location is D: Atapi--etc. This says to me, All is not lost, the burners are genuine but begs the question: Do I have to author them in PE10 some how.

robo_col

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 5:48 AM   in reply to robo_col

This would indicate you have a DVD burner, not a BluRay burner -- or that your drive does not have the correct or an updated driver.

What operating system are you using?

What model BluRay burner are you  using? Did you manually install the driver from the burner's web site or did you let the operating system do it?

When you go to the Device Manager, do you see a DVD or BluRay burner listed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to robo_col

I am with Steve, and would check the installation and the burner's driver first.

If you have a Windows computer, then start at Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, and look down the list, until you come to CD/DVD/BD drives (exact syntax can differ by OS version). Check the driver there, and also any warning, or error messages.

If everything checks out there, I would then see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3127429#3127429 for some of the most common casuses of "PrE can't detect a burner" errors.

One additional thing to consider is the BD burner's firmware. What is the make and model of the drive? Does the mfgr. have newer firmware available for it? If so, be very certain to read the installation instructions very well. As they can change model to model and mfgr to mfgr, I print out those instructions, to check off each step, in the order listed, when flashing new firmware. That is very important.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 5:54 AM   in reply to robo_col

Great news!

Glad that you now have a working BD burner on the system.

I would pick up at least one BD-RE (a five-pack would probably a good idea), to test with, so that you do not create "coasters."

I have not hit a limit of times that I can rewrite a BD-RE, but have a 5-pack of Verbatim DVD-RW's, that have probably seen 50 test burns a piece, with no issues.

Good luck, and thank you for reporting your success.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points