Skip navigation
Matt079
Currently Being Moderated

Playback issue after export: shown duration & framerate

Jan 27, 2013 9:15 AM

I have playback issues after exporting my videos: the video runs fine but I can't scroll in the movie (whatever player I use) because the duration is totally wrong. When I check the properties I can see that the frame rate is something very low, which matches the crazy durations (several hours/days). Is it like a header issue? The video in itself seems fine.

Exemple:

I export a 12min47sec video at 25fps  (I use AVCHD 1080p 25fps mp4 - the source is same resolution, same fps)

Playback will show 47hours56min06sec if I check the framerate I read: 0.11fps   but it will still play fine

So far I'm using a different software to re-export the movie and it works fine after that, but it's kind of a waste of time...

Thank you for your time

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to Matt079

Welcome to the forum.

What are the full specs. of you Export/Share/Publish settings?

Also, in your Timeline, if you hit the End key (might need to be Fn+End on some Macs), where does the CTI (Current Time Indicator) go - to the desired end of Clips, or way beyond?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 6:32 AM   in reply to Matt079

What player is this? It is the player that "reads" the information from the file and displays it accordingly. If the player makes a mistake, this is what you will get. What happens if you bring the exported clip back into Premiere Elements and play it from within PrE11?

When you seek to a speciic point, it is the Player that is responsible for getting the frame there. So try a different playback application (vlc or quicktime player for example)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to Matt079

Thank you for the info and the screen-caps.

Along with VDOSurfer's suggestions, I would also run the output file through MediaInfo, http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en, a great, free file info utility, to see what it says about the file's properties. I find that for many formats, it does a better job, than the oft recommended G-Spot.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points