Skip navigation
Karl_Starke
Currently Being Moderated

WEB page problem

Jan 27, 2013 1:27 PM

Hello: I am trying to build a web page, The .gifs display with no problem. The two .jpgs do not display at all, only a blank box. They are supposed to be on the same line and the formatting is perfect, but Dreamweaver does not display them on the same line. I am about ready to throw this software out! Can somebody please teill me WTF is going on here?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 1:32 PM   in reply to Karl_Starke

Not without a link to your problem page.  Answers to layout questions are contained in your code.  Without seeing your page in a browser, it's impossible to know what's going on.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 2:26 PM   in reply to Karl_Starke

I can appreciate that you're frustrated.  We all have bad days.  But in order to help you, we need to see your page.  SaveAs test.hml.  Upload page and supporting files to your server. When the question is answered, remove the test.html page from your server.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 2:32 PM   in reply to Karl_Starke

Without a link to the page so we can see in our browsers what you are seeing then all we can do is guess based on your description of the symptoms alone. Your description may be inadvertently incomplete, our guesses may be wrong and your frustration level will increase further.

Posting a link is not questioning your HTML abilities. It's helping us to help you. Many people post a link to a broken page in a temporary subdirectory of their site. Once solved, the page can be deleted.

If this is only affecting JPGs, my best guess is that the JPGs have been saved as CMYK, not RGB. But that might be barking up the wrong tree in the wrong forest.

With a link, we could work more quickly with you, avoid wild goose chases and keep your blood pressure in the healthy range.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 4:47 PM   in reply to Karl_Starke

Karl_Starke wrote:

I am still frustrated by the fact that I can not export in .gif format out of Illustrator.

File > Save for Web does that.

I am still also frustrated that there is no "bend line" function in Illustrator. I've been beegin them for that for ages........

I assume you've posted that request in the Illustrator forum and posted a feature request?

PS what do you mean by a "bend line" function?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 5:38 PM   in reply to Karl_Starke

Try posting the request in the Illustrator Feature Requests forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/illustrator/illustrator_feature_requ ests?view=discussions

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points