Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Saving frame by frame in the timeline

Jan 27, 2013 1:28 PM

Tags: #cs5.5_photoshop

I am editing a short avi clip converted from a 1959 8mm film in the timeline.  The telecine conversion results in as sharp an image as I have manged to get using PPro 5.5 unsharp mask.  I tried mocha planar tracking to automatically remove a fixed spider web on the top edge of each frame in the clip.   Because the web is not distinct and the background does not progress at a steady fixed pace, the mocha procedure was not successful.  Previous feedback recommended methods to mask the edge.  Using various masking attempts to automate the procedure was also unsuccessful for the same reasons as mocha.

I have the time and decided to replace the spider web on each frame edge using photoshop tools e.g. clone stamp etc. - although other tools such as healing brush do not appear to work in the timeline as I expect.  My saves so far have resulted in a whole clip being saved with all following frames being modified similar to the first edited frame.  Perhaps I am not using the editing procedures in photoshop from the timeline correctly.

How do I save frame by frame in the timeline?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2013 6:11 AM   in reply to John Ratard

Have you tried File > Import > Video Frames to Layers and editing the resulting Layers individually?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2013 11:53 PM   in reply to John Ratard

I don’t have a lot of experience with video editing, but your workaround seems feasible.

Still, you may be able to get the Layers all into one file even if you can import only 500 at a time.

Maybe it would be easier to export numbered tiffs from a proper video editing program and use File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack to get them into one layered psd-file.

To get video out of Photoshop you could use Make Frames From Layers from the Timeline’s fly-out menu in Frame Animation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points