Skip navigation
drjackie1
Currently Being Moderated

How do I create a chapter index?

Jan 27, 2013 1:55 PM

Tags: #chapter #index #chapter_markers #chapter_layout

I have created a video on learning calligraphy and cannot find any info in PP5.5 on how to create a chapter index.  How do I insert Encore markers?   Is Encore included with PP?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 2:30 PM   in reply to drjackie1

Encore is included with PrPro, as of CS 3. Is your PP5.5 CS 5.5?

If so, you can add Encore Markers to the Timeline, then use ADL (Adobe Dynamic Link) to send that Sequence to Encore (so long as it was installed along with PrPro). Then, in Encore, you can create a Chapter Index.

If you need information on Encore, there is an active forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/encore/encore_general

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to drjackie1

Jacqueline,

1. First question - of those 21 Chapters/Buttons, how many are on one Scene Selection Menu?
    2. Next - is your Project SD (Standard Definition) Standard 4:3, SD Widescreen 16:9, or HD (High Definition)? There are limits to Buttons for each, and they differ from 36 for SD Standard 4:3, and then 18 for SD Widescreen 16:9 and HD - that is for ALL Buttons, and not just the Scene Selection Buttons, i.e. Next, Previous, Main Menu, etc.

As for Smart Objects, I have had some issues getting those to properly function, as Buttons, or segments of Buttons, from Photoshop to Encore. When I have encountered those, I have just Rasterized the Smart Objects, and that has cleared up the problems for me.

Though En does offer some functionality in editing Menus, I always use Edit in Photoshop. The only exception is with my Menu Color Sets, which MUST be set/adjusted in En, as Photoshop cannot do that yet.

Good luck, and I think the only reason that I am "up the list" in the Encore Forum is that I am old and have been around for a long time...

Good luck, and happy authoring,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points