Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I make a synced audio track match the length of selected clips in a multicam seq?

Jan 27, 2013 2:13 PM

I have a continuous multicam sequence of about 13 minutes containing a synced master audio track recorded from seperate microphones. I want to rearrange scenes from it into my final sequence, but when I select a range of clips to nest the entire length of audio gets pasted into the new sequence. I want to trim the audio to match just the clips I've selected but not lose sync. Is there a way to do this or is nesting not the way to chop up a sequence and rearrange the scenes in it?

Thanks.

Mike

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 9:38 PM   in reply to MikeAiken

I'm confused about what you're trying to do here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 7:20 PM   in reply to MikeAiken

If I select all of the clips in that time period and nest them into a new sequence

Now I'm getting the picture.

Don't nest.  Select the clips in the sequence and either Cut or Copy those clips, then Paste them in the Master sequence.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 5:06 PM   in reply to MikeAiken

just selecting the clips doesn't copy the audio because the audio is not cut up into clips

So cut the audio track at the proper points and include that in the selection.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 5:32 PM   in reply to MikeAiken

Turn on Snap by hitting the S key.  That should cut exactly at the CTI as long as the cursor is close.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to MikeAiken

No prob.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers