Skip navigation
Ed VanWieren
Currently Being Moderated

How can I make a key word a "People Tags"?

Jan 27, 2013 8:56 PM

Tags: #tags #keywords #people

I imported a bunch of images (I had to re-create my catalog due to file system restructuring), the tags came in nicely, but a bunch are "People". How do I move those from "Keywords" to "People Tags"?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 9:11 PM   in reply to Ed VanWieren

It is just a matter of dragging and dropping the tags from the Keyword Tags Panel on to your photos whilst you are in the Organizer window.

The panel looks like this:

2013-01-28_0510.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 9:46 PM   in reply to Ed VanWieren

Hi Ed,

You can add people tags in PSE11 by using "Add People" button present on the bottom action panel.

You just need to select image -> click Add People and name the person. Corresponding tag will be created in this People Tags panel as well as in the People View.

Alternatively, you can "Add a person" by right clicking an image and choosing "Add a person".

Also you can Mark face in an image explicitly. Double click the image to bring it in Single Image View and use "Mark Face" button present on bottom action panel.

Thanks
    Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 10:00 PM   in reply to Ed VanWieren

Alright...

If you have converted the catalog, the people tags from previous version should have come directly into "People Tags" header, as you pointed out. You don't need to import them separately.

But in your case, I guess you imported the tags.xml which means the people tags in that xml will be treated no differently from others, in this catalog. I think the only way is to use the older People tags as normal tags and run People Recognition afresh.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points