Skip navigation
ginjosh
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver and Wordpress

Jan 28, 2013 4:38 AM

Tags: #dreamweaver #dynamic #wordpress #mamp #related_files

Hi

I have set up MAMP on my computer and wordpress. I have put the files for wordpress into the MAMP htdocs folder. I am now trying to look at all the related dynamic files in dreamweaver. There should be loads but I am only seeing an extra five files in the document tab. Here is a screen shot. Any ideas on how I can see all the files?

Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 12.34.29.png

Any help would be great. Many thnks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to ginjosh

Your includes are exactly the same as mine on a clean test WP installation.  What includes are you expecting that are not showing up?  Remember, some files like templates are queries from a database and are not necessarily includes thus they will not show up.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 6:37 AM   in reply to ginjosh

I can try to look into the code a little more.  Might be something that changed in the core of Wordpress since last year that is preventing this from acting as it did at the time of that tutorial.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 9:53 AM   in reply to ginjosh

When I worked with WP in DW, I had to turn off "Permalinks" in WP

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 8:17 AM   in reply to ginjosh

I don't think so.  Nor do I think it has to do with the permalinks as that would only affect blog pages.  The permalinks issue Nancy describes is in the WP control panel under Settings->Permalinks.  The only way I'm going to be able to evaluate this further is to get a copy of CS5.5 running back on my laptop to re-confirm this issue.  Then most likely, if it is true, it will be filed as a bug for a future DW update.  I'm not sure there's anything that can be done in the basic settings to get those results.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points