Skip navigation
samtwiddy
Currently Being Moderated

Crashes

Jan 28, 2013 7:24 AM

Tags: #crash

Everything crashing since update. Shortcuts broken Invert selection tries to open iDisk and deselect doesn't work. CS6 has been stable since upgrade and now it's like being back on CS5 - crashes 5-6 times a day, losing up to an hour's work and autosave either opening an ancient autosave or nothing at all. I need a fix for this, have tight deadlines and working around the clock to get jobs out now.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2013 7:29 AM   in reply to samtwiddy

Without the crash report all we can do is guess.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 7:29 AM   in reply to samtwiddy

OS version, hardware, …?

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to samtwiddy

It is not a crash I recognize, and I can't match it among the top 50 crashes in our database.

And you didn't include the Adobe Crash ID (from the longer Adobe version of the report), plus I can't find any crash reports under your email address in our database.

So I don't know what that one is.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to samtwiddy

I need the Adobe version of the report (with the crash ID) or the email address you used when submitting the crash report to Adobe.

Without those I cannot look up your crash in the database.

You don't need to keep reposting the same report.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 1:52 PM   in reply to samtwiddy

When the crash dialog comes up, the first one goes to Apple, and the second crash dialog (with more information) goes to Adobe.

I need the details from the Adobe crash report, not the (shorter) Apple crash report.

I looked for crashes with the email address associated with your account here, and there are none in the database.

I am trying to get the information I need, but you have not responded with the information I asked for.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 3:42 PM   in reply to samtwiddy

You probably turned off the Adobe crash reporter at some point.  (and we need that information: Apple doesn't share their crash reports)

To get the Adobe crash reporter back to it's default state (ON), go into ~/Library/Prefererences/ and delete the file com.adobe.crashreporter.plist

The next time you launch one of the Adobe applications, the crash reporter will reset it's preferences (defaulting to enabled).

Your serial number won't help me -- each crash report has a "crash ID" that I can use to look up the crash in our database, in addition to email addresses.  That way we can track each crash without having user identifiable information in the report, and the user can voluntarily give us an email address so we can respond if we need more information about a crash or have solutions to known crashes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points