Skip navigation
Dan 101
Currently Being Moderated

How do I uninstall and re-install CS5 Adobe Media Encoder?

Jan 28, 2013 7:41 AM

When I export media from Adobe Premiere CS5, whether I export directly from Premiere or use the Adobe Media Encoder, the system freezes for several minutes before starting the encoding.  When I check the uninstall menu, there is no listing for uninstalling Adobe Media Encoder. I understand that the Adobe Media Encoder is related to both Premiere and After Affects, which I also have installed. If I uninstall and reinstall Premiere 5.0.3, will that also reinstall the Adobe Media Encoder?  If not, what action could I take to get the encoding function of CS5 working properly? Do I need to uninstall the entire CS5 suite and run the Adobe Created Suite Cleaner Tool, then reinstall?

I'm using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with an Intel i7 processor and 24 GB of RAM.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to Dan 101

The whole system becomes unresponsive, keyboard and mouse don't work at all, or it just takes a bit for AME to actually start encoding?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2013 7:42 PM   in reply to Dan 101

Yeah, that's definitely not normal.  Unfortunately, I don't really have any ideas about what might be causing the hold up.  Unless someone chimes with with something, a reinstall might be called for.

Yes, deactivate first.  And do run the Cleaner Tool.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points