Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Action wizard (Acrobat Pro)

Jan 28, 2013 10:20 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to Community Help

Where is "Signatures" in  Edit > Preferences > Catagories, as listed in step 2 of "Automate password entry for actions", the last section of this page about the Action Wizard? It is not displayed on my screen. Is there a way to add it to the list of Categories?

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to DonMacLeod^USACE

Hi Don,

Could you post a screenshot of where you're looking for the Signatures preferences and not seeing it?

signaturesprefs.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 8:32 AM   in reply to Community Help

"You can avoid password prompts when you run a sequence on PDFs that require passwords. Automate password entry, or specify a security method for these files in the Action Wizard panel of the Preferences dialog box. If you select Do Not Ask For Password, PDFs that require passwords are not processed."

Choosing Password Security in the Preferences>Action Wizard does NOT prompt for a password in Adobe Pro XI, like it did in X.  This no longer works.  What is the fix?  There is no way to Remove Security from a Folder in XI because the password prompt never occurs.  The Action Wizard created to 'change security to none' does nothing.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to Community Help

Where did the "Run" button go that was on the "Manage Actions" window? I am now forced to open the Tools>Action Wizard panel on the right side of the page and run my action from there. The problem is that I cannot read my action names because they are too long and I cannot stretch the panel any wider? Why would Adobe remove the "Run" button from the "Manage Actions" window...why remove previous functionality?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to JediCarrie

The preference to predefine a security model for Actions will only work for Actions created in Acrobat X Pro and imported into Acrobat XI Pro. New Actions created in Acrobat XI Pro have no ability to work with secured source files.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 6:44 AM   in reply to DavidSmith11123

We are not Adobe, just users like yourself, so we can't answer "Why did

they do it?"-questions... But yes, you have to run Actions from the Action

Wizard now, and yes, it's a problem that there isn't much space there for

the action names.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM, DavidSmith11123

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 6:46 AM   in reply to DavidSmith11123

Sorry, it just went away. You will have to rename your Actions so they make sense in the Tools Pane as that can't be resized. Remember as well that hovering over an Action's button will display whatever you put in the description area.

DavidSmith11123 wrote:

Where did the "Run" button go that was on the "Manage Actions" window?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to Dave Merchant

For people wanting to run a 'remove encryption' Action in Acrobat XI Pro, see here for a free SEQU file created in X Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to Community Help

Too bad the Action Wizard options have disappeared from the File menu. Wish we could create keyboard shortcuts in Acrobat!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have to process hundreds of pdf files at once, but I can't avoid having Acrobat open and close each one of them. In the past, I was able to accomplish the same task with all the actions running with needing to actually open the file, save it and close. What am I missing?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to Crissy30

Nothing. The Actions in Acrobat XI just work that way, unfortunately.

There's nothing that can be done to change it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to Community Help

Tell me you are kidding. I can't believe that! So by upgrading my software, I actually LOST efficiency? It makes not sense! Very disappointed in Adobe right now.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 7:45 AM   in reply to Crissy30

Although Acrobat XI has many improvements over previous versions, in the Actions dept. it's a serious step backwards, in my opinion.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 7:55 AM   in reply to Community Help

Thanks for your reply. Now I can stop searching and trying to figure out how accomplish that. So that you have an idea, what in the past took me 10 minutes to accomplish, now it is taking over 2 hours.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to Crissy30

Tell me about it... I can list at least 5 different issues with the Actions

Wizard in Acrobat XI that work less efficiently than in the previous

versions. What are you doing in the Action, exactly?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2013 9:07 AM   in reply to Gilad D (try67)

Adding bookmarks, footers and our logo to pdf files that have anywhere from 10 to 800 pages. Usually do this batch processing for 30 to 900 files at one time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points