Skip navigation
John_A_41342
Currently Being Moderated

Paragraph Leading

Jan 28, 2013 9:36 AM

Is it possible to adjust the leading between paragraphs independently of the over all setting for leading? I would like to conserve space in a book layout. There is currently a double-space between paragraphs, but this leaves more blank space than I would like.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 28, 2013 9:52 AM   in reply to John_A_41342

In the style definition change the value for Space Before or Space After or both.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 10:01 AM   in reply to John_A_41342

Are there perhaps, then, empty paragraphs between that are being used for the extra space? There's a Find/Change Query that's included on install that will remove them. The proper way to add space between paragraphs is to use spacebefore or space after, not a blank paragraph.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 10:25 AM   in reply to John_A_41342

For most situation I find space before is my choice of preference, but there are times, like the last paragraph in a bulleted or numbered list, for example, where you might want space before and space after so you don't need two body text styles.

It's largely a matter of preference which one you use, and if you prefer space after, you'd brobably add space before to the first list paragraph style instead of adding space after to the last.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to John_A_41342

You're welcome

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers