Skip navigation
ignite.creative
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS5 suddenly not opening any HTML, CSS, or JS files.

Jan 28, 2013 10:52 AM

Tags: #cs5 #error #flash #internet #mac #files #html #dreamweaver #install #javascript #link #css #html5

Okay I'll try to get all the proper information in here to help as this is my first post.

Been trying to fix this for 5 days straight. Issue I'm having is that out of the blue, Dreamweaver CS5 decided it didn't want to open any relevant files anymore on my macbook pro. One day it worked the next day it didn't. The first problem I have ever encountered with an Adobe Program.

What is happening is I'll click an HTML, CSS, PHP, or JS file,  the application will bounce in my dock run the opening window script and flash like it's opening the file... except it doesn't.  It just remains an empty screen framed by all the toolbars.  I have checked all my files across 10 different websites, all files are uncorrupted and working. 

I've tried uninstalling completely Dreamweaver (that didn't work) and then completely wiping Adobe all together and reinstalling (still didn't work).

Dreamweaver is CS5  Version 11.0  Build 4909

I'm running on a Macbook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7,   8GB Mem,  500GB HD

Mactintosh OS X Lion 10.8.2

Please help me, I have deadlines I'm trying to make for clients!! Called Adobe and they said they didn't know.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points