Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Convert dual mono back to stereo - Premiere & PluralEyes

Jan 28, 2013 11:41 PM

Tags: #adobe #pro #audio #premiere #sync #convert #red #audition #zoom #multitrack #recorder #stereo #mono #pluraleyes #giant

Alright guys, here's my dilemma.

I record external audio on my zoom recorder and sync it up in post with PluralEyes in premiere. Basically how this works if you're not familiar is, I load all my footage (video and external audio) into a temp sequence and export that via XML. Then, I import that sequence into PluralEyes and it does all the syncing, then exports out a second XML that has the same footage but the audio synced up. Now, this seems all fine and dandy except when it exports the second XML back out, it converts all my stereo audio tracks to dual mono.

This is a dealkiller for me. Between fades and all the work I need to do within premiere, it's a lot easier to only have to make those adjustments on one track rather than two. I've tried changing the 'default audio tracks' in premiere's settings but no dice.

SO, my question is as follows:

Can I make PluralEyes spit out a STEREO synced sequence, or, can I convert the dual mono tracks back to stereo within the synced sequence either in Premiere or Audition somehow? I'd like it to be as streamlined of a solution as possible as I don't always manage to import all my footage at the same time. So, if I have a shoot that lasts multiple days, it's kind of a pain to go back and forth between Premiere and Audition and juggle different sequences and multitrack sequences around for every day I import new footage.

Also, might be worth mentioning I have Pluraleyes v2, not the newest v3 after Red Giant bought Singular. I also have CS6 Master Collection.

Thanks a ton for the help guys. If I was at all unclear explaining above please don't hesitate to let me know.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2013 5:25 AM   in reply to snoshreddax21

I'm don't use PluralEyes, but the Canon MXF files I use are interpreted as dual mono.  I just click on the clip and interpret the audio as two channel stereo.  Maybe that will work for you?

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/clips-channels-tracks.html#m apping_source_and_output_audio_channels

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to snoshreddax21

I have the exact same issue and I use Pluraleyes3. This is also a dealbreaker because omf exports won't work, it seems to hang at the first instance of a file jutted to two mono tracks. I have Premiere Pro 5.5. I've been trying to figure out this issue for several months. My sound guy is also baffled as to why it happens.

I suppose this is most likely a PluralEyes issue and I'll be posting over there (although I have to say RedGiant's user forums aren't as 'robust' as Adobes.) But if there were a workaround in Premiere that would at least help in the interim.

snoshreddax21 did you find any workaround?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:54 PM   in reply to BombshellStudios

This is most probably a Final Cut 7 XML legacy. As far as I understand, PluralEyes just esports kind of FCP7 xml into Plremere (which is of course edible by Premiere), however the stereo tracks are being split into sort of a1a2 the way they would be in final cut.

That is a huge pain for me as well. Looking for a workaround.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points