Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

export premiere pro with AE-composition

Jan 29, 2013 3:51 AM

Hallo,

The export of a PP project with a 3d-AE Composition in a sequence is possible only if AE is open to the composition. Without open composition cancels the export from PP.
What am I doing wrong

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to elder camper

I haven't found this to be true myself.  PP exports 3D linked comps without issue, whether or not AE is open.

What exactly do you meany by "cancels the export"?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 5:26 PM   in reply to elder camper

Well, slowing down when export reaches a 3D comp is pretty normal as the processing power required can go up dramatically.  How long have you waited for it to finish?  How long is the comp in the sequence?

(So far, your English is fine.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 2:08 AM   in reply to elder camper

I can see two options here:

1. Something in your system prevents dynamiclinkmanager from normal communication while AE is not running;

2. Adobe Dynamic Link improvements for CS6 resulted in utilising advantages of multiple processes while AE is running.

Guess, Todd could shed some light if the latter has something to do with reality.

From practical angle relying on Dynamic Link in a project where complex AE compositions are involded is not wise.

See this thread on Dynamic Link workflow, pay attention to Todd's comments.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 9:36 AM   in reply to Fuzzy Barsik

2. Adobe Dynamic Link improvements for CS6 resulted in utilising advantages of multiple processes while AE is running.

I don't think that's right.  Todd said that DL uses one process, whereas rendering out of AE (meaning without DL) uses multiple processes.

I've never noticed any speed difference rendering a DL'd comp with AE open.  (And according to that linked thread, neither did you.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Exactly. That was just a wild guess on how it could be possible in theory.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points