Skip navigation
drjackie1
Currently Being Moderated

If I create two submenus with 8 menus each in the Chapter Index, will there be enough space on the I

Jan 29, 2013 7:27 AM

Tags: #submenus #chapter_layout

If I create two submenus with 8 menus each in the Chapter Index, will there be enough space on the Index for all of these?  Will they go onto a second Index page?  I am designing the Chapter Index image with buttons.  I will have "Play", plus 4 other menu buttons.  I know nothing about the space to allot for the submenus with 8 items each.

Can the menu buttons open a second page on which the 8 submenus would be displayed?  Must all the buttons be on the Chapter Index page?

Thanks for any help you can give. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2013 6:33 PM   in reply to drjackie1

Tried to answer this from vacation on a little droid; errored out...

Build one menu for the index. Put the number of buttons you want on each index menu. (You can call them submenus, but each will be a regular menu, you ony build the fix of them.) Also add previous, next, and main menu buttons. It is easiest to start with a submenu from the library.

Then link the first button to the first chapter of the timeline.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS185296FB-D1BB-4d52-ABC4- 316DF795FD05.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 11:53 PM   in reply to drjackie1

Not quite sure that I have grasped what you are asking here, but I suspect that you want a "Main Menu" with buttons leading to two "Sub-menus".  There are limits on the number of buttons you can have per menu, and these are different for DVD and Blu-ray, but this is down to the programming, not due to limits on the physical size of the menu items.  I regularly make both DVDs and Blu-ray  with several sub-menus with as many as 14 chapter buttons each - you also need "Previous", "Next", and "Main" buttons as appropriate on each sub-menu to allow easy navigation.

As Stan says, use menus from the library as a starting point until you get the hang of this.  You can adjust the size of the buttons, and any text to accommodate the necessary buttons.  You cannot allow the overall space occupied by buttons to overlap.  for convenient use there need to be good spacing between items in the menu.  Don't forget that when you are creating your menu within Encore, you see a much smaller version than on the TV screen, so you can use a smaller font size than appears to be the case and still have a readable menu on the TV.

If you want to play complete timelines as well as chapters, then you need a button foe each one on your Main Menu as well as the buttons for sub-menus.

It is better to use Chapter Playlists for playing your chapters than to use over-rides - I have always had problems with the latter

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 6:23 AM   in reply to drjackie1

Please post a screenshot of your flowchart. I think we're having trouble understanding what you are actually doing.

Are you using the chapter index creation described in the help link I provided?

When you say 21 buttons, on one menu?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 7:34 AM   in reply to drjackie1

It sounds like you are not using the automated indexing feature (which I thought you were). That is fine, and Alan's method is what you want.

Clips off line makes me wonder if you are using external drives. I assume you are using dynamic link.

You should not have to reload the video.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 1:43 PM   in reply to drjackie1

You cannot attach screenshots when replying by email. You musty login to the forum.

Are you putting more than one video on an Encore timeline?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 5:08 PM   in reply to drjackie1

You say above:

• My problem now is the video itself, which was whole and entire when I

loaded it from Premier Pro. Now several clips have gone offline.

What is still there and what is missing?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 5:42 PM   in reply to drjackie1

If you imported the asset, and it is a 39 minute video, I have no idea what clips you are referring to. If the clips are in Premiere, I see no way for you to have imported a file and have only part of it missing, unless it is missing in the export from Premiere.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points